Nylon, olefin, acrylic or wool, whichever type of carpet you own, the truth is that you’ve made a substantial investment by choosing carpeting for your dwelling. Your new carpets will last for an aeon, but only with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll be able to retain its new look and crane its life.
Say hello to the right way to carpet care!
Today, we are going to explore tips to get rid of stubborn, dark carpet stains, tips to keep your carpets beautiful, and tips for keeping your carpeting baby soft.
How to get every type of carpet stains out?
Whether it be wine spills, a little pet poop stain, or paint artwork from your young one, it seems you can now easily clean every type of carpet stain with these simple tips –
- Blot the spot with a dry white towel, working from the outside in, rinse thoroughly with clean water, and then blot again.
- For getting out water soluble stains, a simple cleaning solution made up of ¼ tsp of white vinegar mixed with 32 ounces of water would do.
- If you’re dealing with fat, oil and wax on your carpet, then you should place a paper towel over the carpet and iron on warm setting. This way, fat, wax or oil would come up off the carpet and tag onto the paper towel.
- When it comes to removing pet stains, the best way is to moisten it, following the application of carpet stain remover specially formulated for pet stains.
How to keep the colour and texture of your carpet looking fresh?
If you plan to keep your wall to wall carpeting for more than a few years, it’s important that you keep it beautiful. Here are some steps that will help you do just that -
- Don’t let the dirt of your shoes wear out the carpet fibres; keep the dirt outside.
- In a week, vacuum 4-6 times in the high traffic areas and 2-3 times in low traffic areas. Choose the right type of vacuum depending on the kind of carpet you own.
- Clip sprouts and snags using a small pair of scissors; avoid pulling them.
- Keep moving the furniture around regularly and eliminate the furniture dents by rubbing the dented area using the edge of a coin.
- Get burnt marks out of a carpet by cutting off burnt carpet fibres with a scissor and sticking the new carpet strands into the burnt hole. For a widespread burn, patching may work great.
- Last but not the least, decrease periods of direct sunlight to avoid colour fading and forbid contact with household chemicals that can permanently discolour your carpet.
How to Keep Your Carpet Soft?
How many times your carpet has turned hard and stiff after a wash? Multiple times? Read these carpet softening tips that are meant to work wonders on your carpet.
- Sometimes, it’s the hard water’s fault! In such a case, regular vacuuming is a saviour, as the more you contact the fibres, the more the minerals will be knocked loose.
- After rinsing the carpet as normal, spray the solution of one-half of a cup of fabric softener per gallon of warm water over the carpet and let it set for two minutes. Extract the solution, rinse with clean water, extract again and allow it to dry completely.
Take care of your carpet, and of course, yourself!